Toothache Or Dental Pain
It is because of this that most people believe a toothache or dental pain is a normal occurrence, something which everyone should experience at least once.
The truth is, toothaches are an indication of a developing dental issue that needs immediate attention.
If you have a toothache, everything is affected. The pain disrupts your focus making it hard to sleep, eat, or go through your simple routine.
At Ria Family Dental, we offer same-day emergency appointments to relieve you of your pain as soon as possible.
What Causes Toothache?
Toothache is an indication of one or more of the following dental issues that need immediate attention.
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Dental abscess
- Tooth eruption
- Broken tooth
First Aid Steps
Understand that first aid steps merely relieve your pain temporarily. Only a dentist can solve the problem.
In case of a toothache, here’s what you can do:
- Remove all food debris by brushing and flossing thoroughly.
- Rinse your mouth with an antiseptic mouthwash or a saline solution (½ teaspoon of salt to eight ounces of lukewarm water). Rinse your mouth several times.
- Apply clove oil to minimise pain and swelling, or take OTC pain relievers. Always be aware of the restrictions of OTC pain relievers!
- Never put aspirin directly to the injured area as this can cause a chemical burn.
- Apply a cold compress to cheeks to minimize swelling,.
- Call and visit your dentist immediately.
Treatment At Ria Family Dental
The treatment process begins with identifying the cause of the toothache. By treating the cause, the toothache can be completely eliminated.
For instance, if the toothache is caused by decay, a dental scale and clean or dental restorations such as tooth fillings and inlays/onlays may be used.
Rest assured that we will look into every possible solution before suggesting an extraction. Our goal is to save your natural tooth whenever that is possible.
Same Day Dental Emergency Appointment At Ria Family Dental
In case of a dental emergency, call and visit your trusted Ria Family Dental team.
#1. Book online now
#2. Call (07) 3892 1331
#3. Visit us at 451 Fairfield Rd in Yeronga
FREE off street parking and close to public transport.