Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and Bridges Yeronga
At Ria Family Dental, we have a multiple restorative dentistry options for your dental needs.
Among these, dental crowns and bridges are two of the most popular options.
Not only do they replace missing teeth, they also improve the teeth’s aesthetics.
Read on to learn more about crowns and bridges.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are fixed dental restorations. They “cap” a damaged tooth to protect it from further damage and restore its other functions.
They are constructed from materials that are not only durable but also have the look and feel of natural teeth. They can effectively participate in heavy chewing and with proper care, can last a long time.
Dental Problems Solved by Crowns
A dental crown is recommended for the following dental issues:
- Severe tooth decay
- Unnatural tooth structure
- Cracked or worn down tooth
- Discoloured tooth
- Tooth with a large tooth filling
- Used together with dental implants and bridges
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Restore strength to tooth damaged by decay
- Protect tooth from further damage caused by strain
- Protect tooth from further decay
- Return natural tooth structure
- Hold a large filling
- Strengthen a tooth weakened by decay
- Whiten a discoloured tooth
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge, just like dental crowns, is a fixed dental restoration. Its function is to replace multiple missing teeth. The false teeth bridge one natural tooth to another. The natural teeth on either side serve as the anchor for the false teeth.
Dental bridges are also made of materials that have the look and feel of natural teeth. They are recommended for those who still have natural teeth left. If there are no existing teeth, the next option is a denture.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Replace multiple missing teeth
- Restore function of teeth in speech
- Return face structure to normal
- Stop shifting of remaining natural teeth
- Prevent progressive bone loss caused by missing teeth
Crowns and Bridges in Yeronga
Nowadays, missing teeth can easily be replaced. Dental crowns and bridges are just two of the multiple restorative dentistry options offered by our Yeronga dental practice. Talk to us today!
#1. Book online now
#2. Call (07) 3892 1331
#3. Visit us at 451 Fairfield Rd in Yeronga
Monday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Tuesday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Thursday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM