23-31 October 2021 is National Children’s Week.
With our dental team, your Yeronga dentist is working to raise awareness in the fight against childhood tooth decay, a top chronic infectious disease among children – more common than asthma and childhood obesity.
In honour of this important time to the community and to provide better paediatric dental care, we gathered some tips for keeping children’s oral health at its highest!
It’s the perfect time to get your kids to brush up on the best ways to keep their smiles nice and bright!
How To Protect Your Child’s Teeth From Cavities
Good oral health habits can prevent cavities, maintain a healthy mouth, and prevent gum disease. Parents can encourage good oral hygiene through the following;
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Yeronga dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Ria Family Dental Can Help
It’s very important to bring your kids in for teeth cleanings and check-ups every six months, and now is the perfect time to do so!
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Yeronga
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,026 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 451 Fairfield Rd in Yeronga.